Workout of the DayPublished Mar 15
We like the concept of Workout of the day. It is widely used in the Crossfit community.
We will recommend a series of recommendations about day to day training and expect you share your thoughts and work.
Today's WoD is in pairs. This means that during the session only one member of the couple will be working; the other one will rest (if you feel strong, you can do plank). You can divide the work as you like; the important thing is not to lose intensity.
- 600 jumping jacks
- 500 jab-cross combinations
- 400 mountain climbers
- 300 situps
- 200 elastic band deadlifts
- 100 elastic band biceps curls
- 50 up&downs
This Thursday we will only do two exercises in short series for a long time. Will you quit?
After warming up properly...
20 minutes AMRAP of
- 7 thrusters
- 7 v-situps
For thrusters we can use an elastic band (así), a couple of bottles (as we showed March 27th) or just some weights.
Remember to enjoy.
At this point there's no need to explain what a tabata is, right?
After warming up properly, resting for a minute between tabatas...
Odd: Squats | Even: Mountain climbers
Odd: Jumping jacks (like this) | Even: Plank
Odd: Up&Downs (like this) | Even: Lunges
Odd: Pushups | Even: Situps
Finally... try to do as many burpees in a minute as you can.
Remember you can adapt the exercises depending on your needs.
Today we are going to work static positions. We warm up ALL the muscles and joints and get going with
5 rounds of
- 7 squats
- 5 situps
- 3 pushups
And then, 5 rounds of
- 30 secs plank + 30 secs rest
- 30 secs wall squat hold (as shown here) + 30 secs rest
- 30 secs hollow hold (here you can find some progressions) + 30 ssecs rest
- 30 secs sumo squat hold (like this) + 30 secs rest
Finally, we will face down on the floor and do a minute of superman holds.
Today we are training again with elastic bands, but we will also use a bar or stick (a mop stick, a kitchen roller, a club or something similar that we have at home). The rubber, always well stepped, will be our resistance. We will put the stick inside the band and then we will grab it with strength and do the exercises.
Our warm up will be 3 series of 15 reps of band apart pulls (like this)
After that, we will do 5 series of 12 reps of each one of these exercises:
- Dead lift (like this)
- Row (like this, with our stick inside the bar)
- Shoulder press (like this, with our stick inside the bar)
- Biceps curl (like this min 5)
- Closed triceps press (like this min 2)
We will finish with 2 minutes of situps FULL SPEED.
It's saturday; so what?!?!
EMOM 24 minutes
- 12 air squats
- 10 sit ups
- 8 push ups
- 45 secs plank
Each minute we will do the specified work and rest the time in that minute we don't use. Enjoy!
SUNDAY PUSHUP MADNESS
Today's challenge is easy, short but intense:
DO as many Push Ups as you can in 15 minutes.
Start on the floor, go to your knees before you need it and after that inclined on a table or in yor kitchen. but... do not surrender.
TRAIN WITH YOUR BOTTLES (unless you have a pair of dumbells)
Get you a couple of (wine, water, milk) bottles. If you have a couple of light dumbells, use them.
With your weights, repeat for time...
4 Rounds of
- 50 jab/cross combination (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S-FSrHUN1A)
- 15 thruster (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rHJkjHUbmo)
- 40 russian twists (please, check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxeb00EIRg8)
- 12 shoulder front raises (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t7fuZ0KhDA)
- 30 reverse lunges (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfA133MhAYs)
- 9 v-situps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP2fjvG0g3w)
* If you need it, bend your legs in your v-sitips
CORE & STRETCHING
Today we will just do a few core intense exercises followed by our favourite stretching routine.
5 Series without rest of:
- 40 alternating heel touch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQly7hjMlhM)
- 30 secs plank
- 20 cross crunches (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnbfTVBS54c)
- 10 v-situps
Last time we used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qULTwquOuT4 but you can just look for something different in youtube if you did not like it
Today we will train with four well known songs.
During the song we just walk or gently jump on the spot.
When Sting says the word ROXANNE we will make a burpee.
THUNDERSTRUCK Tabata version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe6ts1BgP3U)
You already know how a tabata works: 8 series of - 20 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest.
In this case the work is Situps in the odd series and Supermen in the even series.
If Moby says 'Bring Sally Down' we'll go down to a squat position and hold it until he says 'Bring Sally up'.
It's that simple. Don't forget to enjoy.
GUINNESS BOYS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmPkE0eDB0Y)
It's just 3 minutes of this song that we'll be in plank position with our arms extended. When The Bussiness finishes a sentence with their classic 'UoohOooh' we'll go down in elbows. With the next 'UoohOooh' we'll get up on our extended arms and so on.