Workout of the DayPublished Mar 15
We like the concept of Workout of the day. It is widely used in the Crossfit community.
We will recommend a series of recommendations about day to day training and expect you share your thoughts and work.
Start with 1 min plank
- 2 squats + 10 pushups
- 4 squats + 9 pushups
- 6 squats + 8 pushups
- 18 squats + 2 pushups
- 20 squats + 1 pushup
End with 1 min plank
* We should adapt th exercises to our level. Advanced players can add more plank minutes, do jump squats or add a feww burpees after each series of squats/pushups, while newcomers can do half squats and put ther knees on the floor during pushups.
AMRAP 20 min
- 2 Burpees
- 4 Air Squats
- 6 Situps
- 8 Alt Superman
End with 1 min hollow hold
* Remember burpees do not imply a pushup. Put your chest on the floor, stand up and jump as efficiently as you can.
** If air squats aree too much, try regular squats.
*** Add weight to your situps if you can
Remember: 8 series of 20 secs WORK / 10 secs REST
1 min REST between Tabatas
Odd: Mountain climbers
Odd: Left leg front lunges
Even: Right leg front lunges
Odd: Good mornings
Even: Hip extension
* Try to be consistent ¡in the number of repetitions you manage to do each time
** Add some weight if you consider any of these exercises is too easy for you
Stretching is as important as strength or resistance training.
This video will show you how to start a stretching routine that will improve your flexibility.
Today we will have an EMOM WoD. What is an EMOM? We will give you the work you have to implement every minute and you decide what you do with your 60 seconds as long as the work is done. Use your time with intelligence.
100 jumping jacks
EMOM 15 mins
6 Thruster (squat + push press; get some weights, bottles or something to make your push more effective)
100 jumping jacks
If you can...
Run up fast your stairs if you can. Go down slowly and repeat 5-10 times.
* Adapt your squat range if your knees hurt
* If 60 second is too long, increase the number of reps
SATURDAYS ARE FUN TOO!
3 Series of
- 9 situps
- 7 squats
- 5 push ups
4 Series of
- 1 min plank
- 1 min air squats
- 1 min v-situps
- 1 min lunges
¡Remember enjoying your training!
After a proper warmup... repeat 5 times
- 30 secs plank
- 12 situps
- 20 secs lateral (left) plank
- 8 candlesticks, like this
- 20 secs lateral (right) plank
- 20 cross kick (left) crunches, like this
- 30 secs scissors
- 20 cross kick (right) crunches
- 1 min rest
Please, stretch! This guys may give you a few good ideas.